Monday, February 7, 2011

The golden 30%

February 7,2011

I hate computers! I have been on this one for 45 minutes and it keeps not working! Too bad I only have 15 more minutes to tell you about my week. 30% seems to be Elder Scruggs and my lucky number. This week at church only 2 of 6 expected showed up and again about 30% of all our appointments stood us up this week. The best day of this week was Wednesday. That day we had 12 different teaching appointments scheduled and half way through the day we had only seen two people. We spent the first five hours of the day walking around town center looking for people to teach cause we got hosed. That day I was on a work-over. Our district leader Elder Allsop came and spent the day with me in Ilford. Elder Allsop was Elder Rallison’s favorite companion because they both are very similar. He leaned against a pole while I did all the finding. So, after five hours of finding we went back to the chapel and ended up teaching lessons for the rest of the day. It seemed like people just started pouring into the church to be taught it was so cool. It turned out weird though cause my companion decided to ditch me and I taught most of the lessons on my own. He was helping the sister missionaries teach English or something like that (waster). Second highlight was Sunday evening. Sister Andersen and Sister Larsson were teaching Sanjay while I was in a different lesson. They interrupted me and asked me to give Sanjay a blessing. It was an amazing experience. The Lord has some pretty big plans for him when he goes back to India. I felt strongly impressed that Sanjay was lead here to receive the gospel then he will go home and bring it to his family. He is going to be baptized this weekend and I think they are going to ask me to do it. Needless to say I'm excited! Then, we were also teaching Sekar who is a Tamol from Sri Lanka. He came here to escape the fighting between the Tamol and the Singoese which fighting took both his father and sister. He came with £270 and is down to £140 and he sells jewelry that he makes. Mom don’t be surprised if I send you some. But he is Hindi and the first time he read the Book of Mormon he opened to Alma 32 and read about being compelled to be humbled. He bore a powerful testimony about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. The only thing we have to do now is teach him about Jesus Christ and everything else. It will be hard cause he hardly knows any English. But we are in luck because another man we are teaching, Sushell from India, has become his friend through our teaching and helps him out. Susheel is another miracle he was taught everything in India and then he moved here to be baptized. Ha-ha and he thought he came here to study.

So in case none of you knew. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once again restored on the earth. Joseph Smith was the prophet that the Lord used to do this, and by reading and praying about the Book of Mormon we can get a spiritual witness from our Loving Heavenly Father that it is true.

Love you all and hope that you are all doing well,


Elder Solomon

No comments:

Post a Comment